My name is Don Mordasini. As an author and psychotherapist I use wisdom stories to help you claim all of the spiritual and material riches that life has in store for you.
“Princes and Ogres” teaches you how to integrate spirituality into your daily lives. You are 100 percent spiritual as well as 100 percent material human being. Until you acknowledge spirit and integrate it into the rigors and demands of daily life you will never reach your potential.
If you feel you haven’t reached your potential – if you don’t feel enriched in your activities – if you aren’t happy – if you don’t feel at peace – if you worry, doubt are anxious or depressed – if your relationships are not rewarding – if you don’t experience the exquisite beauty of peace – then you have not integrated the sacred into your life.
1. “Princes and Ogres” teaches you how to do this through timeless wisdom stories and vignettes of people who have achieved more richness in their lives so that you can see the practical application of this wisdom.
2. “Princes and Ogres” goes beyond integrating spirit into your lives by solving practical problems. It tackles the thorny issue of the ego and its buried thoughts, emotions and desires that you need to be aware of so you can experience all that life has in potential for you.
3. I call the ego “Ogre” because it keeps you from knowing yourself and thwarts your attempts to reach the pinnicle of fullness. As a psychotherapist I have included educational stories and vignettes that show you the subtle and wile tricks of the ego. Virtually every ego trick is displayed in the easily readable stories I recount in “Princes and Ogres.
4. Chapter eight includes thirty pages of spiritual practices you can incorporate into your life – most which introduce Eastern Practices not well known in the West.
- I depict the ego as an ogre guarding the gate of your kingdom. Your kingdom contains infinite spiritual treasure and material well being. The ogre has no knowledge that your soul, or Self is inside the palace walls. It battles you– the prince for control of your kingdom
- As you, the prince/princess, gradually learn to master the ogre, you become more aware of the treasures of your kingdom and more easily integrate spirit into you daily life.
- Whether you desire material success, deepening of Spirit or true integration - your intent draws to you the things you desire. However, you must clear your ego limitations from your consciousness in order to receive them.
Whether you continue reading — or stop and go no further — I urge you:
Don’t let the ogre (ego), set your goals or determine your life experience. The ogre has no knowledge of your infinite nature, nor the joy that awaits you in the inner and outer worlds.
My book Princes and Ogres: Integration of Psyche and Soul is a reflection of my life and experience.
As a stockbroker and Vice President of Dean Witter and Co. I learned the truth that material well-being is earned the hard way. I know the challenges of holding a demanding job, while parenting and partnering during challenges and good times. I have also known what it is like to be stripped of everything I held dear; executive position, money, status, and family to discover the sacred layered underneath the ego’s accumulation of worldly things.
As a psychotherapist with twenty years of experience, I learned that many of our coping mechanisms for dealing with challenges, as well our perception of the world, emanates from thinking patterns that lie below our conscious awareness. As we desire to enrich our lives and open to the sacred, we need to face these lesser known parts of ourselves.
As a spiritual seeker, trekking the Himalayas, studying ancient scriptures, spending countless hours engaged in spiritual practices under the guidance of my teacher, Shri Anandi Ma of Gujurat India (lineage holder of the ancient tradition of Kundalini Maha Yoga), I know that spiritual return follows the laws of cause and effect. Spiritual joy, peace, and love can be yours—and can be integrated into your daily activity to attain unimagined happiness–but that is subject to the intensity of the energy and the wisdom you bring to your search.
Are you ready to continue learning?
Download the book on this page. I pay all shipping and handling and include an MP3 recording of a heart meditation free that will quicken your progress.
Learn More | Lectures | Blog | Writings/Articles